Who is Norma Strait?
Norma Strait is the wife of the late country music singer and songwriter George Strait. George and Norma were married in 1971 and were together until George died in 2022. She was known for supporting her husband’s career and was often seen at concerts and events. She was also involved in philanthropic work, including creating the Jenifer Strait Memorial Foundation in memory of the couple’s daughter, who was killed in a car accident in 1986.
According to Norma Voss’s Wikipedia, she was born on September 7, 1954, in Pearsall, Texas. Her father, Joe Ray Voss, was a farmer, and her mother, Martha Helen Fitzgerald, was a nurse. Norma grew up in a large family and was the fourth of six siblings. She attended high school in Pearsall and later pursued a degree in physical therapy at Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University).
How does Norma Strait meet George Strait?
Norma met George Strait in 1971 while working at a San Marcos, Texas nightclub. George served in the army then and was stationed at Fort Sam Houston. They hit it off immediately and started dating. In 1975, they married and moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where George pursued a career in music.
The couple got married on December 4, 1971, in Mexico. They met while attending college at Texas State University (then known as Southwest Texas State University) in San Marcos, Texas. Norma remained a supportive and devoted wife throughout George’s successful music career. The couple has been married for over 50 years, and their marriage is often cited as an example of a solid and enduring partnership in the entertainment industry.
How and When Norma Strait Lost Her Daughter?
Norma Strait, the mother of country singer George Strait, lost her daughter, Jenifer Lynn Strait, in a car accident on June 25, 1986. Jenifer was only 13 years old at the time of her tragic passing. The accident occurred on a highway in Texas when Jenifer was riding in a car with two friends. The driver of the car, who was reportedly under the influence of alcohol, lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a ditch. Jenifer and one of her friends were killed instantly, while the other friend survived but was seriously injured.
The death of Jenifer Strait was a devastating loss for the Strait family and profoundly impacted George Strait’s music career. He wrote the song “Baby Blue” as a tribute to his daughter, and it became a hit single that reached the top of the country charts. George Strait has also dedicated several performances and albums to his daughter’s memory.
View this post on Instagram
Read More: Bam Margera Ex-wife Missy Rothstein
Norma and George have been married for over four decades. They have two children together, Jenifer and George Jr. Their marriage has remained strong in an industry known for its ups and downs, partly thanks to Norma’s unwavering support. George once said in an interview with People, “My wife’s always been there for me. She’s been my rock. She’s the one that keeps everything together.”
Does George and Norma Strait have children?
Norma and George have two children: a son named George “Bubba” Strait Jr. and a daughter named Jenifer Strait. Tragically, Jenifer died in a car accident in 1986 at the age of 13, which profoundly impacted the Strait family. The George Strait song “Baby Blue” was written as a tribute to her.
Read More: John Cena’s ex-wife Elizabeth Huberdeau
Interesting Facts You Need to Know About Norma Strait
- Norma and George Strait met in high school in Pearsall, Texas. They got married on December 4, 1971.
- After Jenifer’s death, Norma and George started the Jenifer Lynn Strait Foundation to raise money for children’s charities in her honor.
- She was a schoolteacher before she married George, and she continued to teach after their marriage until their son was born.
- Norma and George are known for being a very private couple and have kept their personal lives out of the public eye as much as possible.
- She has been a supportive wife to George throughout his career and has often been seen accompanying him to awards shows and events.
- In 2016, George Strait retired from touring but continued to make music and perform occasionally. Norma has been by his side throughout his career and retirement.
- Norma and George have been married for over 50 years and are still going strong. They are considered one of the most enduring couples in country music history.
Read More: Who is Stephanie Courtney’s Husband?
Rupali Gupta is a blogger and professional writer who loves to write about technology and entertainment. She is always up to date with the latest celebrity news and the entertainment world.